Congregational Register No: 66
First Profession: 08.09.1944
Died: 18.06.1986 Aged: 64 years
Baptised Anna Mary, from Dromard, Co Leitrim, Sr. Columba entered on 24 October 1941. Following profession, she did midwifery training in Drogheda and then staffed in the maternity hospital for three years. In 1952, she started general nurse training in St. Vincent’s Hospital, Dublin.
Trained medical personnel within MMM in Ireland were at a premium at that time, so her ministry for many years was in Waterford, Drogheda and Clonmel.
She did, however, nurse in Naples for a short time and then went to England to do endocrinology and middle management courses. She returned to Italy to do a one-year theology course in Regina Mundi in Rome. She also staffed in the Apostolic delegation in London for a short period.
She was assigned in 1978 to Clonsilla, Dublin, for parish work.
In later years she was assistant matron in the IMTH. She is remembered as an efficient, capable, hard-working nurse. She had high standards, and she expected high standards from others too.
After retirement from hospital duty, she became involved in parish ministry at St. Mary’s, Drogheda and her work was much appreciated.
Sr. Columba died and is buried in Drogheda.