Medical Missionaries of Mary first went to Angola in 1953 and remained with the people through 27 years of civil war which, thankfully, ended with Peace Accords in 2002 >>> read more.
Our mission at Zaffe is a health centre in a rural village, about three hours' drive north from Cotonou. >>> read more.
Medical Missionaries of Mary first went to Brazil in 1969. Today, our work in Brazil involves fostering good health through education, simple homecare skills, and production of natural medicines, working closely with the healthcare teams of the local Christian communities. >>> read more
MMM communities are located at Ealing, in London, and at Solihull, in the West Midlands, near the International Airport at Birmingham. >>> read more
Medical Missionaries of Mary first went to Honduras following the devastating Hurricane Mitch, which struck the country back in 1998. >>> read more.
As in other countries of the northern hemisphere, our work in Ireland supports our work overseas. >>> read more
MMMs first went to the people of Kenya's Turkana Desert during the deadly famine of 1962. Those were exciting days when Sisters trained as pilots for our single-engined Cessna. >>> read more.
The first MMM Sisters arrived in Malawi in 1962 and for several decades developed St. John's Hospital in the town of Mzuzu with its well-known Nurse Training Programme. >>> read more
Our Irish-born foundress, Mother Mary Martin, was actually in Nigeria when she made her first profession of religious vows, which marks the foundation of MMM, back in 1937. In the years since then MMMs have seen many developments and changes in Nigeria. >>> read more
In 2011 MMM decided to respond to great human need in South Sudan. The world’s newest country was in the process of recovering from Africa's longest-running civil war. In November 2012, three Sisters, Chinyere Iwunze from Nigeria; Irene Balzan from Malta; and Odette Nahayo from Rwanda, were assigned to respond to the request from Bishop of Wau, Rudolf Deng Majak, for medical personnel. >>> read more.
The first MMM Sisters arrived in Tanzania in 1947 and worked in a rural dispensary at Tlawi, high on the wall of the Great Rift Valley. In 1956 they moved further south to a semi-desert area called Makiungu where they developed a rural hospital. It is staffed by a multi-cultural community of MMM Sisters from USA, Malta,Tanzania, and Nigeria as well as 200 local health workers. >>> read more
MMMs are well known in the town of Masaka, 80 kms southwest of Kampala, because we have been there since 1955. A major part of our work there today is in the prevention of the spread of HIV and the care of persons with AIDS, along with orphan support and training of village health workers. >>> read more.
In 1950 our Foundress, Mother Mary Martin, visited the United States at the invitation Archbishop Richard Cushing. He later became a Cardinal and remained a close friend of MMM all his life. That same year, our first community was established on Commonwealth Avenue in Boston. >>> read more.